US to Issue Travel Advisory Warning for Americans in Parts of Europe
|
3 October 2010 | posted by: Grace Taylor | No Comment
The US government will be issuing travel alert to warn Americans to stay vigilant as they travel to Europe since there is a menace of Al-Qaeda’s Commando styled type of attack. US Europe Travel Advisory Very High Both UK and U.S. officials confirmed updated guidance is to be issued because of the terror threat currently standing. However, an official from the UK clarified that such travel warning will not be specific to a country. The official also clarified that will not be an advice against traveling to Europe. The advisory is a response to gathered intelligence on a plan by the al-Qaeda said to be in the assembling of gunmen teams and later send them into very crowded places aimed at killing western civilians, closely resembling the Mumbai 2008 attacks. Al-Qaeda has planned to go ahead and continue with coordinated attacks right in some European cities in Germany, France and the United Kingdom, as intelligent sources say. The intelligent details were leaked to the media in the US last week, officials allayed fears saying that the plan is yet to be stopped, and an attack by the terror group was not very imminent. Officials also said arrests are yet to be made with a couple of individuals under surveillance, currently. Some of the suspects under surveillance are Germany and British citizens with an Afghan and Pakistan origin. The travel alert by the United States is expected to be released on Sunday. A travel advisory was seen as negative to the trend of European tourism in case travelers would fear being attacked and their journeys canceled. However, it is just an alert, which is less serious as compared to a travel warning. Image Credit: |
Leave your response!